It is now possible to import BCFzip files in BIM. You can import new topics as well as update existing topics via importing BCFzip files.
Prerequisites for importing BCFzip files:
- Supported file format: BCF 2.0
- BCF topics must include model information and a viewpoint
- You can only import topics from a BCFZip file for the latest version of models which are in the active phase.
Importing BCFzip file
1. In BIM click the ‘Import’ button
2. Select a BCFzip file from a folder or drag & drop
3. The BCFzip file is being analyzed
4. As a result, we display the number of BCF topics found in the file, how many of these topics are new and how many of these topic already exists.
- Create new topic and map it against an existing model
- No mapping needed since it has already been mapped during the topic creation.
Map found model with the corresponding model in BIM workspace.
5. In the last step you can select desired default values for type, status, and priority, as well as select an assignee.
If we recognize the values from the BCF file, we will include/overwrite those values in our system automatically.
If we are not able to recognize those values, we will ask you to map them to a value from our system.
6. Once import is finished you will see a confirmation showing how many new topic were created and how many topics were updated