In order to use all functions of conjectPM you need to have a Java Runtime Environment of Oracle version 1.8 installed on your computer. For all older versions we cannot ensure proper working with conjectPM.
You can check Java using the following link: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
After a short validation your Java version is displayed and if required you get a note to update your version. Please keep always your Java version up-to-date.
If you have not yet installed Java or have an older version than 1.8, you can download Java at java.com. For the installation you have 2 options:
Option 1 - Online Installation (only Windows users):
- Open the website www.java.com/en/
- Click on Select "Free Java Download".
- Follow the notes and installation instructions on the next page and start the installation with the "Free Java Download" button.
Option 2 - Offline Installation
Download an installation file to your computer first:
- Open the website http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
- Choose your operating system and save the installation file to your computer.
- Start the installation wizzard with a double click on the saved file.
Check whether Java was installed correctly. If Java is detected do the following steps:
- Restart your computer.
- Check whether Java is activated in the addons of your browser.
- If Java is still nor working repeat the installation (remove it before) or ask your system administrator or our Support Team.
|Note for Mac users: Pay attention to the notes at "Apple (OS X)". In order to use Java you need to have version Java SE 7 of Apple. As Apple doesn't provide this version for MAC OS X 10.4 and 10.5 you cannot use Java with these operation systems of Apple. In this case you have to update to MAC OS X 10.6 or higher.|