When you login or click on a link in a notification Firefox always opens a second and empty window. To change this browser behaviour change the following setting:
- Open Firefox.
- Type in "about:config" in the address line and confirm the security prompt with "I'll be careful, I promise!".
- Type in "dom.allow" in the "Search" input line.
- The item dom.allow_scripts_to_close_windows is now shown.
- Click on the item to mark it and then do a double click.
- The "Value" column now shows the value "true".
- Now close all Firefox windows to save this setting.
|Note: Firefox also provides a very helpful and easy to use search function. For more information refer to Faster searching with Firefox.|