For users of DAR (drawing approval) SmartFlows we developed and released the following feature:
Based on the following workflow:
- DAR is submitted with uploaded drawings (status of drawings is for example "F – Issued for approval").
- DAR is reviewed and answered with status e.g. "RFC – Ready for construction" or "R – Rejected" for each drawing.
- Based on results of DAR drawing status will be set accordingly in Drawings application
Instead of doing the manual "Set Status" process via locating one drawing after the other and changing the status of the drawing in the Drawings application, you can now do this within the DAR:
- Change Status of all drawing attachments directly from the DAR in one step. Therefore open the DAR and click on the (new) "Set new Status" icon next to the Drawing attachment’s section:
- A dialog will open where you can select the status:
- In the DAR response, you also have the ability to set the status for all drawings based on the DAR result, i.e. set all "approved" drawings to status "RFC – Ready for construction" or set all "rejected" drawings to "R – Rejected".
- All attached drawing will show the selected status in the Drawings application.
Some prerequisites are required by this feature:
- To see the feature, you need to have a specific capability which allows you to set a new drawing status without uploading a file and you need to move your cursor into the attachment´s area to make the tool appear.
- You need to have write permission for all drawings you want to set status for (if for only one you do not have the permission, the tool will be disabled)
- All drawings need to be filed to drawing management previously
Questions or Feedback?
Do you have questions about this features or other function or do want to give us feedback. Then post your ideas or question to us and the pm. community: