We developed and released the following new features for you:
Extension of Company View
We finished the Company View enhancements in Drawing Management so that there Contractors can easily find approved drawings transmitted to their company and also are able to download, view and check properties of drawings.
- Display more information in table (description, free text)
- Add possibility to use and save filters (My filter / Published filter)
- Add Search (like on drawing pool tab but also searches for Transmittal’s reference numbers)
- Save last used tab (Drawing pool / Company View) when changing to another module
Drawing Approval process (DAR): Option to distribute drawings after the approval process is finished
After receipt of a response to DAR, I want to distribute approved drawings to other project participants.
Problem which we solved: The approved drawing’s revisions are not attached to the DAR and it is difficult to find the correct set of drawings via the Drawing Management.
First, I have to upload new drawings with appropriate status or use “Set Status”
A transmittal in reference to the DAR should be used to distribute drawings so that we have later a chance to report on it.
Drawings with status “Approved with comments” should also be distributed here after the comments have been implemented and those drawings have also received approved status.
Note about the “typical process”:
Depending on who is managing the communication flow to the Contractors it might be the Architects, the General Contractor or the “Örtliche Bauaufsicht” who is distributing drawings after approval.
Below find more details about how we offer a solution for this last distribution step now:
- After having received the response on your Drawing Approval Request, you want to distribute approved drawings to all Contractors. First, you need to upload new drawings with “RFC- Ready for Construction” status in header. Go back and open the DAR … now you can start the distribution step.
- In case you do not have to change the content of approved drawings you can also use the “Set new status” functionality to just change the status of those drawings in Drawing Management. You can easily set status for all Approved drawings from within the distribution screen:
- After changing drawings to “RFC – Ready for Construction” (3 x green traffic light!!) they are ready for distribution.
Note: For all drawings with result “Approved with Comments” you probably will implement the changes first and then upload a new revision. Once those drawings receive the “RFC”-Status they also can be distributed here.
Now when you start “Distribute Approved Drawings” – a Transmittal in relation to this DAR will be opened with all the approved drawings attached. Fill out the other fields appropriately and Send the Transmittal. You are done.
As you can see on the lower part of the screen, rejected drawings need to be re-submitted with another DAR and will be approved and distributed within that step.