We developed and released the following new features for you:
Module "Communication/Document Management": Filed messages will be saved as PDF documents to folders and no longer as a link to a message
CONJECT customers requested frequently, that filed messages behave similar to documents. i.e. follow the same access rights concept, can be sorted and searched in the same way. It was also requested that filed messages can be forwarded, archived and renamed.
From now on filed message is saved as a PDF document (and no longer as a link):
- The filed message in PDF contains subject, message text plus all metadata (To, CC, Confidential, list of attachments, etc.).
- The destination folder of the message can be selected.
- Filed message can be identified by special message icon visible next to the document name as shown below.
- Filed messages follow access rules of the file folder.
- Filed messages are sorted by name, size, type, creator like standard documents and can be searched and archived in the same way.
- Name of the PDF message file is suggested automatically, but a user can change it as required
- Current links will be migrated, means also transformed into documents, but will keep the same permissions as the link before.
- Activities will now be filed into one PDF document – not as before, where each message was filed separately.
Example of a message filed as PDF with attachments:
- All (filed and un-filed) attachments of the message are added as document attachments to the PDF.
- You can go to the attachments directly, if you click on the message icon next to the file name.
- A User can add category values to the PDF message file.
- Default folder categories will be proposed by the system automatically.
Filing multiple messages:
- Each message is saved as a separate PDF document.
- A name for each message file (as PDF) is proposed.
- Selected category values will be added to all messages to be filed.