Keeping naming conventions is key when uploading files, but it’s often very time consuming and error-prone. That’s why we are glad to present a new upload-function within pm.: the optimized upload of files into drawing management using an integrated file name generator!
As usual, it will be possible to upload files directly from your hard drive or as attachments from messages into drawing management:
- The naming generator will support you in renaming the files according to the drawing key.
- File names will be checked, errors will be marked and can directly be corrected.
- Already correctly named files will be read out and taken over.
The advantages are clear – SAVE TIME and AVOID ERRORS:
- No need to name files according to the drawing key and save them on local PC before the upload.
- Typical upload errors will be avoided or can be corrected directly in the interface.
- It’s possible to enter separate descriptions per version for each drawings that’s uploaded.
The administrator of your project needs to enable the new upload-function under „Project Properties“. He has already received an email with all necessary information.
Once enabled, this is how it works
Go to your drawing management - Select ‘Upload drawings’ - select a rule set:
Select the files you would like to upload by clicking on the upper box with the blue cross or drag & drop them in the same:
You now see all files you want to upload and their status. Already correctly named files will be read out and taken over. Mandatory fields are underlined in blue.
What do the marks on the left hand side mean?
- Green check mark: READY - File is correctly named and ready for upload!
- Red warning icon: ERROR - Errors regarding the naming convention are indicated with a warning icon, hovering the icon displays the error message and error can directly be correct in the interface
- No mark: OPEN - The file name still needs to be adapted according to the drawing key. Fill the block values by clicking on each cell and choose the respective value.
You can also set the same block value to multiple uploading files:
- Click into the first cell you would like to set a block value to. Mark all cells you would like to edit within the same column. Then choose a block value. To set a block value to all rows within a column, click the column header.
The same goes for the free text. You can also copy text e.g from excel and paste it into the text field.
In case the description of a block value or the free text is too long to display completely, simply hover over the block value/free text or change the column width while pulling the frame of the column.
In the status overview on the bottom you can see when all files are ready to upload. Press the “UPLOAD” or “OK”-button (will only be enabled when ALL files are ready) and the system uploads all files creating a file name based on the selected rule-set and entered information.
You can ask to receive an email report that contains the list of former name and the respective list of NEW names according to project standards.