In order to upload drawings to the Project Space, a Drawing Assistant has been set up for your project according. The Drawing Assistant checks the Naming Convention of Drawings (drawing key/codes) and performs the following actions when uploading a darwing:
- Check of the Naming Convention of Drawings (drawing key/codes)
- Categories assigment according to the drawing key/codes
- Assignment of permissions
- Automatic filing of drawings
- Assignment of revision numbers and status
Before uploading make sure that the name of the drawings matches the project-specific drawing key/codes. Otherwise you will get an error message.
Open the "Drawing Management" application.
- Click on "Upload drawings". If several drawing codes are defined for your project, you have to select the drawing code valid for the respective drawings here.
- The upload windows opens. This has 2 sections: The upper one "Upload drawings" to select drawings on your computer and below the "Message" option (see below) to distribute your documents with a message.
- Click on the plus .
- Select the drawings on your computer.
- Add these to the selection window with "Open".
- Your drawings are now listed in the upload screen. Use the minus to remove drawings from the upload window.
- Click on "Start" to upload your drawings without sending a message. Otherwise proceed with the message option below.
|Note: You can also drag & drop your drawings to the upload window. To do this, mark the documents, drag them over to the selection window by holding the left mouse button down and then drop them by releasing the left mouse button.|
Distribute Drawings with a message
At the "Message" section you can additionally send the drawings as an attachment of a message in order to inform project participants. All recipients are able to access the attached drawings regardless of the permissions.
- Enable the checkbox at "Message" in order to make the message option available.
- Select the recipients with a click on the "To" and "Cc" buttons. For further information about recipient selection refer to our Tutorial Communication Management.
Note: If you already have a personal message template you can select it via the "Template" drop-down menu.
- Enter a "Subject" and your "Message" or use the default text.
- Click on "Start" to upload your drawings and to send your message. Your message will be stored in the Communication application.
Note: All recipients will be notified by e-mail. Clicking on the links contained in this email you can directly download the drawings with download links or jump in the project to the corresponding message.
- The system now checks the compliance of your drawings according to the drawing key/code. Drawings which cannot be uploaded are indicated to you with an appropriate error description and the incorrect section is highlighted in red.
- In order to upload the incorrect drawings, you have to rename these drawings on your computer according to the drawing key/code and then add the drawings again to the upload window using the plus . Click on "Start" to upload the corrected and the already correct drawings in the upload window and to send the message.
- If you cannot solve the problem with the help of the shown error description, click on "Send Error Report" and forward the e-mail which you receive to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Support Team will contact and help you.
- If you do not see your uploaded drawings in the drawing list, update it by clicking on the refresh icon right above the drawing list.
|Note: If the drawing key/code of your project does not have a Freetext, which is provided via the drawing name, you can specify one on the "General" tab of the upload window. This Freetext is taken over for all drawings in the upload window.
Drawings will be automatically compressed prior to transfer. You do not need to zip your drawings before.
Alternative: Send drawings subsequently
- Mark the required drawing you wish to send.
- Click on the "Attach to" button.
- Select "Message" or select "Plot order" or "Workflow" or a "Process" (i.e. DAR) if these applications are available in your project.