Last updated: 29th January 2016
You have 2 options to add new participants to a project:
- Invite the new participants by e-mail.
- Add active participants of another project to your project
Invite new participants by e-mail
- Go to the "Administration" application.
- Select the menu item "Participants".
- Click on the "Add" button.
- Enter the e-mail address of the new project participant in the "Email" field at "Send invitation to:".
- Select the language of the invitation for each participant via the drop-down menu "Language".
- You can add further participants with a click on "Add more".
- You can also add participants to the project which you already know from other projects on the conjectPM platform with the link "Show participant list". The benefit is that the invited participant will see the project directly on his project list. He will only get a mail with the information that he was added automatically to the project. You can read more about that below under "Adding participants from other projects".
- At "Already added:" you can see all participants to be invited and can delete them with the link "remove".
Tip: To invite several participants at one time, you can type in several e-mail addresses in the "E-mail" field. Separate e-mail addresses with a blank or semicolon. The language selection then applies to all participants. If you use Firefox browser you can even copy e-mail addresses e.g. from an Excel list in to the e-mail field.
- Automatically assign new participants to one or several groups via the "Add..." button. As the permission structure is based on groups it will be necessary to add new participants to at least one group. Otherwise the invited participants won't see the necessary things in the project.
- In the next window select the groups and confirm with "OK".
Note: The selected groups are assigned to all new participants invited together and cannot be assigned on an individual basis. If you wish to assign several new participants to different groups you have 2 options. Either you have to invite the participants individually one after the other with a group assignment. Or you invite them together without a group assignment and assign them to the various groups later on. You can do the assignment quickly and clearly using the Group-Membership-Matrix.
- Click on "Next" to go to the next step or "Send invitations" if there is no further step needed.
Note: Depending on the licensing model of your project or other project configurations there are may further steps necessary.
In case there are Smartflows activated it will be necessary to add the participants to companies. In case there is no project license enabled the step "Sponsoring" is necessary.
Assign company (Only necessary if smartflows are enabled)
- Choose a company for each single participant.
- If you can't find a company you can create one here.
- Click on "Next" to get to the "Sponsoring" step. If no sponsoring is needed just click on "Send invitations".
Sponsoring (Licenses for users)
- Select a sponsoring of the following Licenses:
Attention: Please inform the participants that they have to order a license at conject as with the end of a 10 days trial phase it will not be possible to work properly in the project space due to a missing license.
- If you take over the sponsoring for one of the subscription packages then select the billing account from the drop-down menu below.
Note: In most cases there is only one billing account available which is then entered automatically. All billing accounts are created by conject and then enabled for the administrators of a project.
- Choose the "License type" from the dropdown list.
- After clicking "Send invitations", the new participants will receive an e-mail with the access code (which is contained in an access link) for the project.
Adding participants from other projects
With this function you can select new participants from an existing project or organization of which you are a participant as well and add them to the project as described above in step 7. In this case the participants do not get an invitation but only an information e-mail that they were added to the new project by you.
Go ahead to step 3 like described above.
- Click on the link "Show participant list" on the right side at "Or add participant".
- Select the proper project or organization to which the participants already belong via the drop-down menu on the right upper corner. Alternatively you can use the search field to search for participants.
- A pick list of all available participants of the chosen project or organization is shown. Mark the required participants.
- Click on "OK" to add them to the invitation. Proceed with step 8 as described above.