In case of vacation times or absence you can define one or several substitutes for a participant. The substitute (for example, an assistant) can then use all the capabilities and permissions of the participant for whom he or she is substituting (for example, a department head) and thus act on his/hers behalf. Additionally to the access rights the substitute also receives all messages of the principal in the project space and via E-Mail.
|Note: It could be that this function is not enabled in your project. In this case contact the project space administrator or the conject Support Team.|
Additional note for administrators: After conject enabled this function you have to activate the corresponding capability "Edit Substitution Rule" in a role. If only you as project space administrator want to edit substitutions then you have to enable the capability in the role "Default Project Creator / Standard Projektinitiator" or in another administration role. Additionally you the capability "Edit other participant profile" to be able to edit the profile of other participants.
Whereas if all participants should be able to edit their substitute on their own then activate the capability in the role "Default Project Participant / Standard Projektteilnehmer".
For more information read at Manage Roles. You find the corresponding capability "Edit Substitution Rule" (and if necessary "Edit other participant profile") on the "Capabilities" tab at "Administration" and "Participant". Please note that changes of roles get active only if you leave the project and then re-enter it again.
- Go to the "Administration" application.
- Click on "My participant profile".
- If you enable the substitution as administrator for another participant, select the option "Participants".
- Choose the participant who should have a substitute.
- Click on "Profile" in the tool bar.
- Go to the "Substitution" tab.
- Click on the "Add" button.
- Select the substitute(s) in the next screen and confirm your selection with "OK".
- Confirm the Substitution rule with "Save".
- In order to cancel a substitution rule, mark the substitute, click on "Remove" and confirm with "Save".
|Note: During the substitution only the substitute is tracked as the actor in the history of documents, drawings and messages.|