When a new Project Space or a new organization is created two standard roles "Default Project Creator / Standard Projektinitiator" and "Default Project Participant / Standard Projektteilnehmer" are automatically generated. All Project Participants are automatically assigned the role "Default Project Participant / Standard Projektteilnehmer" and, as a result, can use the most important basic functions. If you liked to assign administration permissions to a project participant in your project you have to assign him the standard role "Default Project Creator / Standard Projektinitiator ".
If you like to change the capabilities of project participants you can just edit the 2 standard roles. But depending on the requirements of your project (mainly due to project specific processes) it may be necessary that only particular participants are allowed to use specific capabilities and their respective functions and therefore one or several additional role are required. Following we give you 3 typical examples which are used in several projects:
- You need an administrator who is only allowed to invite new participants but else has no further administrative permissions. Therefore you need a new role which contains only the capability "Invite participants" and add your "light" admin to this role.
- In the drawing approval process only the client can assign the "Approved" status to drawings. Therefore you need a new role which contains only the capability for using a drawing status and add all participants of the client side to this role. If you use several statuses which should be used only be particular groups of participants, then you perhaps need additional roles.
- The Tender application should be used by the client and the site supervision only. Therefore you need a new role which contains only the capabilities for the tender application and add all participants of the client and site supervision to this role.
To create a project-specific role, proceed as follows:
- Go to the "Administration" application.
- Select the menu item "Roles".
- You see a list of all existing project roles.
- To create a new role, click on "New role" in the tool bar.
- Assign the "Name of role" and, if needed, add a description to it.
- Enable the check box "Default for Participants" if the role is to be assigned automatically to project participants added in future.
- Now change to the "Members" tab to assign project participants to the role.
- Mark the participants you like to add in the participant list on the right side. If helpful use the search to find your the required participants in the list.
- Click on "Add All Selected". Alternatively select individual participants using the plus .
- Change to the "Capabilities" tab in order to add the needed capabilities to the role.
- The capabilities are sorted by applications or groups of functions in a tree structure. You activate the capabilities for the new role by enabling the check boxes. With you can expand the tree structure or reduce it with .
- In the brackets behind the capabilities you can see which license a participant needs to use this capability and its respective function.
- Complete the creation of the role with "Save".
- If the new role is not shown right now, just click on "Roles" to refresh the role list.
Definition of the check boxes:
- Empty check box: Capability or All sub-ordinate capabilities of the application or function group are not enabled.
- Filled check box: Subordinate capabilities of an application or function group are partially enabled.
- Marked check box: Capability is activated or all capabilities of an application or function group are enabled.
|Note: Changes to roles or capabilities become effective only when you enter the project again. After making a change, go to the "Start page" and then back to your project. Logging in again also makes the changes effective.|