|Note: If you just created a new project and want to create a whole group and folder structure then use the Folder-Permissions-Matrix. The matrix automatically creates all groups and folders too (and additionally you can assign the permissions of the groups on the folders as well). Therefore use the following instructions only if you need to create additional groups in a running project.|
- Go to the "Administration" application.
- Select the menu item "Groups".
- Click on "New group" in the toolbar.
- In the following window, enter the "Group Name" and if required a description.
- You can use the e-mail address to send messages directly from your e-mail client (e.g. Outlook or Lotus Notes) to a group in the project space. For more information read our article E-Mail Integration. The address is automatically assigned by the system after you entered a group name by the following structure: group name.project name. Blanks are replaced by an underscore _. As this often results in a long e-mail address, depending on the lengths of the group and project name, we recommend to change the e-mail address to memorize it better.
- Go to the "Members" tab.
- Mark the required participant you wish to add in the participant list on the right side. If helpful use the search to find the required participants.
- Click on "Add All selected" to assign the marked participants to the group. Alternatively you can select single participants with the plus icon .
Note: Participants can only be added to a group on an individual basis. Hierarchical relationships between groups are not possible due to security reasons.
- Go to the "Administrators" tab. Here you determine who can edit the group (e.g. add new members to the group).
Note: We recommend creating an administration group and to appoint this group as group administrator on all groups, so that not only the creator of a group can edit it (for example add a new participant) but all other administrators. Use the Group-Administrators-Matrix to give edit permissions to your administration group on all other groups.
- Add groups or single participants as described at step 7 and 8.
- Click on "Save".