We recommend assigning object permissions / access rights only through groups. Groups pool together several project participants belonging to the same company or having the same function in the project, e.g. designer, contractor or consultant.
This allows you easily to provide various permission settings to folders and documents to the participating companies or participants with the same function in the project. Adding group members will give permissions on folders, files and messages to the added participants. The other way around it will take away permissions when removing members of a group. This means that if permissions were once assigned to a group you can give permissions to participants very easy even if they join the project at a later phase - you just need to add them to the groups. Additionally you can use them as a distribution list for communication purposes.
- Manage groups in the "Administration" application.
- There click on the menu item "Groups".
- Now a list of all groups in this project is displayed. Get an overview of all groups and their participants with the report "Group-Membership-Matrix".
- Size: Number of project participants (active and invited) in a group.
- E-mail address: You can use this e-mail address to send messages directly from your e-mail client (e.g. Outlook or Lotus Notes) to a group in the project space. For more information read our article E-Mail Integration.
- New group: Create a new group.
- Properties: Change the settings of the marked group, e.g. group name, e-mail address or the members of the group.
- Delete group: Delete the marked groups. Attention: This function can be executed for several marked groups as well. When deleting a group the members of this group can possibly not access folders, files or messages any more.
- Sort the group list due to the column headers.
- Change the column width. Your setting is stored and reloaded for the next login.