Permissions on folders and files should be assigned solely to groups. Adding group members will thus give permissions on folders and files to the added participants (except the group is only used as a communication group). The other way around it will take away permissions when removing members of a group. This means that if permissions were once assigned to a group you can give permissions to participants very easy even if they join the project space at a later phase - you just need to add them to the groups.
- Go to the "Administration" application.
- Click on the menu item "Groups".
- Mark the group you like to change.
- Click on the "Properties" button.
- Go to the "Members" tab.
- Mark the required participant you wish to add in the participant list on the right side. If helpful use the search to find the required participants.
- Click on "Add All selected" to assign the marked participants to the group.
- Alternatively you can select single participants with the plus icon .
Note: Participants can only be added to a group on an individual basis. Hierarchical relationships between groups are not possible due to security reasons.
- To remove a participant click on in front of a participant in the members list on the left side.
- Alternatively mark all participants you wish to remove and click on "Remove All Selected".
- Apply your changes with "Save".
|Note: Get an overview of all groups and their participants with the report "Group-Membership-Matrix". With this report you can easily verify and even change the assignment of participants to groups.|