By using the Group-Membership-Matrix you can quickly and easily verify and change the assignments of the participants to the groups in the project:
- First export the report "Group-Membership-Matrix". Refer to Export and import Reports and Matrices to learn how to export the report.
- Download the report and open it with Excel.
- For a better overview and easy handling of the matrix use our Excel macro. Refer to Excel macros to learn about how to run a macro in Excel. Alternatively adjust the view as shown in the screenshot.
- Now you can edit the Group-Membership-Matrix .
- The first row after column C contains the groups of the project to which you assign participants.
- The participants and invited users are listed in columns A to C. For invited users only the e-mail address is shown in the column Last name.
- The assignment of participants as well as of invited users to a group (see row 8 in the screenshot) is made with an "x" in the corresponding cell of the matrix. For example: Charly Check is assigned to the groups Client and Project management.
- Make the changes of group assignment and save the matrix with "Save as".
- In the drop-down menu "Save as type" select the file format "CSV (comma separated) (*.csv)"
- Now click on "Save" and confirm the next prompt with "Yes".
- If you close the file now Excel asks you if you want to save the file. As you did this before click on "No".
- In the last step import the Group-Membership-Matrix. Refer to Export and import Reports and Matrices to learn how to import the matrix.
|Note: The number and names of groups and participants in the Project Space need to match the matrix when you import it. If the groups or participants has been changed in the Project Space (e.g. you added, deleted or renamed a group or add or deactivate participants), while you are editing the matrix, the changes must be adopted in the matrix as well. If this is not the case, the import will fail. If extensive changes has been done we recommend to export the matrix after the changes again and then edit the matrix which now contains the current group structure and participants.|