With the Group-Administrators-Matrix you can quickly and easily check and appoint group administrators for several or all groups. Only group administrators can edit groups and so for example rename a group or adjust the group members.
- First export the report "Group-Administrators-Matrix". Refer to Export and import Reports and Matrices to learn how to export the report.
- Download the report and open it with Excel.
- For a better overview and easy handling of the matrix use our Excel macro. Refer to Excel macros to learn about how to run a macro in Excel. Alternatively adjust the view as shown in the screenshot.
- Now you can edit the Group-Administrators-Matrix.
- The first row after column A contains all groups of the project which you can define as group administrator for other groups.
- The groups which you edit are listed in column A.
- The assignment of a group as group administrator for another group (see column K in the screenshot) is made with an "x" in the corresponding cell of the matrix. For example: The group Z Administrators was appointed as group admin for all other groups (including for the group itself).
- Make the changes and save the matrix with "Save as".
- In the drop-down menu "Save as type" select the file format "CSV (comma separated) (*.csv)"
- Now click on "Save" and confirm the next prompt with "Yes".
- If you close the file now Excel asks you if you want to save the file. As you did this before click on "No".
- In the last step import the Group-Administrators-Matrix. Refer to Export and import Reports and Matrices to learn how to import the matrix.
|Note: The number and names of groups in the Project Space need to match the matrix when you import it. If the groups has been changed in the Project Space (e.g. you added, deleted or renamed a group), while you are editing the matrix, the changes must be adopted in the matrix as well. If this is not the case, the import will fail. If extensive changes has been done we recommend to export the matrix after the changes again and then edit the matrix which now contains the current groups.|