Using a view makes it possible to find documents depending on its categories/properties – independent of the location of the documents within the folder structure. For an example refer to Search with Views in the Tutorial Document Management. All views are dynamic and can be changed at any time and adjusted to suit the requirements of the project.
|Note: We recommend building views only with mandatory categories which have to be assigned for every document. Otherwise a view won't show all matching documents (e.g. reports of the project management) if the participants forget to assign the category values when uploading files. As every document automatically has the system categories Date and Creator assigned you can anyway build a view with these 2 system categories as this will be complete in any case.|
- Define views in the "Documents" application.
- Go to the "Views" tab.
- Click on the link "New view".
- In the following window define the View name.
- Add the required categories for the view with the plus . With "Remove All Selected" you can remove a chosen category.
- Using the blue arrows, you can change the order of the categories and thus the levels of the view (in the screen shot 1. Level Creator, 2. Level Type of document).
- Click on "Save" to create the view.
- Immediately afterwards all project participants can use the view you created. If you like to adjust the view, activate it and click on the link "Edit view".
- In order to delete the view, select "Delete view".