On the "Folder Content-Security" tab you define the default permissions for documents which are uploaded in this folder. When you upload documents these default permissions are automatically assigned to the documents but can be modified by the user who uploads the document or later on at any time.
|Tip: If you want to edit several folders or the whole folder structure we recommend using the Folder-Permissions-Matrix.
We recommend assigning permissions only to groups. Thus you assign permissions on a company and not on an individual level and additionally you can edit the permissions using the Folder-Permissions-Matrix (this doesn't show permissions for single participants).
- Mark the required group(s) in the group list on the right side. Use the search to find the groups.
- Click on "Add All Selected".
- Alternatively add groups individually using the plus .
- Define of the three hierarchical permissions on the documents for the selected groups:
Read: You can view the properties, use the viewer to open the document and download it.
Write: In addition to Read, you can upload versions, copy the document and change notifications settings.Full access: In addition to Write, you can edit all metadata of a document, move it and, if necessary, unblock it.
- In order to revoke the access of a group, mark it at the left, and click on "Remove All Selected".
- Alternatively remove groups individually using the .
- Apply with changes with "Save".
|Attention: The system group All Participants contains all project participants. Be very careful if you use this group for permission settings, as the permissions for the selected groups are automatically taken over for new sub folders. if you are not careful, it can happen that all participants get access on restricted folders when you create several sub folder (over several levels) and you forget to remove this group.
Be aware that changing the permissions of the Folder Content-Security never applies to existing documents in the folder. The changes will only apply to documents which are created after the changes. If you want to adopt the changes for existing documents as well you have to use a multi function to change the permissions.
|Note: For a useful combination of Security (1) and Folder Content-Security (2), we recommend the following settings:|
- Participants, who may only view or download documents:
(1): Read (2): Read
- Participants, who create and version documents:
(1): Write (2): Full access
- Setting for administrators:
(1): Full access (2): Full access
|Note: The 3 permissions are hierarchical. Therefore every project participant can only assign the permission he has or any lower one to other participants. But it is not possible to assign higher permission than the one you have.|