On the "Folder Content-Notification" tab you define default notifications/recipients for documents which are uploaded in this folder. This means that you can define default recipients which are automatically selected as recipients in the To field of the integrated message option of the upload screen when you upload documents to the folder.
Use this setting if you and all other participants who upload documents into this folder always have to notify the same recipients - e.g. for folders where only one company uploads files and notifies other companies. But if the participants who upload documents into this folder use different recipients we recommend using Message Templates - with templates you even have a default message text and subject.
|Tip: If you want to edit several folders or the whole folder structure, we recommend using the Folder-Permissions-Matrix.
We recommend assigning the message option only to groups. Thus you send messages only to companies instead of to single participants and additionally you can edit the message option using the Folder-Permissions-Matrix (this doesn't show the message option for single participants).
- Mark the required group(s) in the group list on the right side. Use the search to find the groups.
- Click on "Add All Selected".
- Alternatively add groups individually using the plus .
- Enable the message option for the selected groups:
New content: Assigned Groups will be set as default recipients in the To field of the message option of the document upload screen.
- In order to remove the message option of a group, mark it at the left, and click on "Remove All Selected".
- Alternatively remove groups individually using the .
- Apply with changes with "Save".
|Attention: The following notification options we recommend only for special cases as it could lead to many automatically triggered notifications:|
Content accessed: A notification is automatically send to the chosen recipients when a document was downloaded or opened with the viewer.
Meta data edited: A notification is automatically send to the chosen recipients when the meta data of the documents were modified.