Since May 17th 2014 you are able to use conjectPM's drawing management with an integrated file name generator. As usual, it will be possible to upload files directly from your hard drive or as attachments from messages:
- The naming generator will support users in renaming the files according to the drawing key.
- File names will be checked, errors will be marked and can directly be corrected.
- Already correctly named files will be read out and taken over.
The advantages for the users are clear:
- No need to name files according to the drawing key and save them on local PC before the upload.
- Typical upload errors will be avoided or can be corrected directly in the interface.
- It’s possible to enter separate descriptions per version for each drawings that’s uploaded.
After the release, simply enable the new upload-function in „Project Properties“.
It is possible to use it right after the enablement without any further adaption. To profit from the full benefits and to achieve better results, administrators need to adopt the current rule sets! In this regard, please find below the following information:
- Description on the adaption of a rule set.
- List of Q&A's.
|Important: This is a standard functionality for newer projects. Therefore you don't must enable this in projects which were created after the date above.|
Adoption of a rule set
Read step-by-step how to adopt your project to a drawing management with an integrated file name generator:
- Go to the module Drawings and choose settings.
- Download the current rule set.
- Unzip the locally stored file „Rule-Set.xml.zip“.
- Open the file „Rule-Set.xml“. Within the blocks you need to adopt the newly added "Label" into the block names regarding your drawing key. It's most convenient to use an editor to do so. "Label" corresponds to the column headings when uploading files.
- Now open the separat block CSV files. It might be best to use an editor for this as well. Here you enter the long text/description in addition to the existing abbreviations. Separat these values with a tab. The exceptions are blocks for free text, index, status and suffix! Those don't need to be adapted.
- Final step: upload the files on the platform. Please make sure that all files (XML file, block file, rule files) are uploaded to the platform again.
Questions & Answers
Is this a standard functionality or does it need to be enabled?
- Right now you need to enable it in „Project Properties“. We plan to implement it as a standard functionality for all projects.
Do administrators still need to define the drawing key according to project manual definitions?
What part of the block value has impact on uploader? Does the adaption have impact on the "name of drawing" column in the drawing management?
- No impact on drawing management at all.
How does it work for more than one drawing key? Do I have to handle it in different steps?
- Each rule set needs to be adopted separately.
- You must download the rule set you want to adjust. Then change the blocks and XML as described and upload it.
Is it possible to assign categories to drawings that are not part of the drawing key definition in this tool? i.e. if Work Package is a category I want to assign to drawings, but is not part of the drawing key, will I be able to do that at the point of upload?
Does it have impact on permissions and capabilities? Do I only have values available on which I have permission? (e.g. "sender" and "status"?)
- Yes, you only see those values you are allowed to use for upload.
If the internet connection drops out part way through this upload process, does it restart for where it last finished or does the user need to start the upload process again?
- If you do not leave or refresh the page while entering values it should resume. When the upload process has started it resumes as before.