You can open and downloads the attachments of messages in conjectPM or with your e-mail software (e.g. Outlook or Lotus Notes). If you like to receive and open messages and attachment in your e-mail software then you can additionally decide whether you like to receive always download links or files as "normal" e-mail attachment up to 5 MB total size.
Open and download Attachments in your e-mail software
Using the forwarding service you can receive all incoming messages even including their attachments up to a total size of 5 MB in your e-mail software like Outlook or Lotus Notes. Bigger than 5 MB or if you disabled the attachment option you get download links - thus the disk space of your e-mail account won't be overloaded. Set up the forwarding service and the attachment option in your project profile.
- If you receive a message in the Project Space you get automatically notified with an e-mail.
- Open the e-mail to get open and download the attachments.
- If you decided to receive attachments as files up to 5 MB, double click on an attachment as usual to open it.
- If the attachments are bigger than 5 MB in total or if you disabled the attachment option, click on the download link of the corresponding file or on the download link for the zip file which contains all attachments.
Open and download Attachments in the Communication Application
- Go to the "Communication" application in the corresponding project. Alternatively click in the notification e-mail on the link to open the message / activity in the Project Space.
- Messages with attachments are indicated with a paperclip icon .
- To open the message, click on the Subject or the Sender of the message.
- The attachments are located above the message text. More than 10 attachments automatically get hide and can be displayed with the link "Show attachments".
- To open an attachment just click on the file name.
- Decide whether you wish to "save" the attachment permanently to your computer or if you would rather "open" it only temporarily.
- Alternatively you can click on "Download attachments" to start a multi download for all files. Just confirm with "OK" in the next window and select the destination folder on your computer next.
Additional functions for attachments
All available functions are displayed when you move your mouse pointer over the attachment (mouse over). To indicate to you which files were attached from the project space and which from the senders hard disk, we show files with different back ground colours:
- Attachments from the senders hard disk which are not files in the project space yet are marked with grey background, e.g. . For those files the functions File attachment and Open attachment with viewer are available.
- Attachments which are already filed in the project space are not marked with a coloured background, e.g. the drawing . You can use the Viewer to open the file, open its Properties or locate the file in the Document Management or Drawings application.
Locate : Using this button you can directly jump to the attached file in the folder structure of the "Documents Management" application. This is only possible if you have access permissions on the folder where the file is stored. If the attachment is a drawing you jump directly into the "Drawings" application.
Properties : Using this button you can access and download older versions of documents or older revisions of drawings. In the next windows change to the "Files" or "Revisions" tab, mark the object in question and click on the "Download" button .
File attachment : If an attachment shows this icon then it was attached from the hard disk of the sender or it was send by e-mail from outside of the Project Space and is thus not yet stored in the folder structure or drawings application. Click on the icon to file the attachment to the folder structure or to the Drawings application. Find more information under File attachments. After you filed an attachment the buttons are shown instead.
Plot order : Using this button all attachments are attached to a plot order as far as a plot order service is activated in your project.