In the Communication application we distinguish between 2 different views on messages:
- Messages View: Shows you all messages and all replies each as a separate object as you are used to it from e-mail software like Outlook or Lotus Notes.
- Activities View: Shows you all messages on one topic at a glance. An Activity contains the initial message and all related replies and forwards with all its attachments in one object.
On the left side of the communication screen you can switch between both views. Depending on the view you have different functions and filters at hand.
- Overview of all messages in your mailbox filtered according to the filter settings of 2.
- Filter and search options to filter your mailbox in order to find messages.
- Tool bar with functions to edit messages.
- Shows you if you already read a message . Unread messages are bold displayed.
- The paper clip shows you that files are attached to a message.
- Due date until an answer is expected. Messages with a due date a marked with a red flag.
- Sender of a message. If a e-mail address is shown, the message was send via e-mail from an external (meaning somebody who is not a participant of the project space) into conjectPM.
- The check mark in the column Filed shows that this message was filed in the folder structure of the document management application (see number 14).
- Create a new message.
- Reply or forward the checked message.
- Mark a message as unread to highlight it in your mailbox.
- If you do not need a message any longer you can archive it and thus remove it from your mailbox. You can call up archived messages again with a click on the filter "Archived" at "My Mailbox".
- Message Properties: Get access to message details and the message history.
- File the marked message(s) in the folder structure of the document management application (see number 8).
- Print the marked message.
- Create your own message templates.
- Sort your mailbox according to the date - from new to old or the other way around.
- Refresh your mailbox to see new messages .
- Change the column width. Your setting is stored and reloaded for the next login.
- Change the window size. Your setting is stored and reloaded for the next login.
For more information refer to Activities.
In the Activities view you have the following changes in contrast to the Message View:
- Overview of all Activities in your mailbox filtered according to the filter settings of 2.
- Filter and search options to filter your mailbox in order to find activities. As you are always a sender and a recipient of activities you do not have an inbox or sent filter here like you have for messages. Activities are therefore either open or archived (which means closed).
- Tool bar with functions to edit activities. These are the same functions like for messages, but some are executed for all messages of an activity (see number 5 and 6).
- Shows you the number of messages (5 in the example) an activity consists of.
- Forward: When forwarding an activity you forward all messages which belong to it including all attachments.
- Archive: When archiving an activity you archive all messages which belong to it.