Reply to Message
|Note: When you reply to a message the recipients of the initial message remain in your reply whereas the attachments of the initial message are not attached to your reply automatically.You can directly reply to messages in your e-mail program e.g. Outlook or Lotus Notes.|
For a better overview and traceability all replies to an initial Message are shown together and chronically ordered in an Activity.
- Open the messages (with a click on its subject or sender) or mark the message to which you want to reply to.
- Click on the "Reply all" button of the toolbar of the application or message.
- Write your message and if necessary change the recipients.
- If necessary add new attachments to the message.
- Click on "Send" to mail your message.
Consequences for Activities: With your reply you create a new contribution in your corresponding activity. If even a new contribution is created for all other previous recipients depends on the recipients you chose for your reply:
- Recipients unchanged: If you do not change the recipients in your reply every recipient of the previous activity can read your contribution / message.
- Deletion of previous recipients: If you remove a previous recipient of the activity your contribution will not be added to the activity of the removed participant.
- New recipients added: If you add new recipients to your reply all attachments of the corresponding activity will be attached again to ensure that the new recipients have all relevant files at hand. A corresponding note is show below the recipient fields. Your reply creates a new activity for the new recipients.
|Note: With the "Forward" option you create a new message, which contains the text and all attachments of the initial message. The recipients of the initial message are not taken over.|
- Open the messages (with a click on its subject or sender) or mark the message which you want to forward.
- Click on the "Forward" button of the toolbar of the application or message.
- Go on like sending a new message.
Consequences for Activities: Forwarding creates a new contribution in your corresponding activity. As normally complete new recipients a chosen when forwarding a message your forwarded message will not become a new contribution in the activity of all previous recipients.