You can handle your whole project communication via your e-mail software like Outlook or Lotus Notes without being logged in to conjectPM. You do not need any installation to use this feature, just do the following 2 settings in conjectPM:
- Enable the forwarding service - this means that you receive all incoming messages in your e-mail software and that you can directly reply to it. Using default settings the service is already enabled. In your project profile you can additionally decide if you always receive download links for attachments or real file attachments up to 5 MB in total. Find more information to open and download attachments via Outlook here.
- You have to verify your e-mail address which you specified in your profile. Only then you can use all functions to send messages via your e-mail software into conjectPM. Get more information about the e-mail verification here.
Read Messages in Outlook
When you receive a message in the Project Space you get automatically notified with an e-mail and can open and read the message in your e-mail software (e.g. Outlook or Lotus Notes).
Find more information at Open and read messages in your e-mail software.
Reply to Messages via Outlook
- Go to your e-mail program and open the incoming e-mail from the Project Space as usual.
- In the header of the e-mail you can see the sender and who received the message and thus will get your reply.
- Click on "Reply to All" in your e-mail program to send your answer to all recipients.
- If necessary add further e-mail address to the "To" or "Cc" fields. These recipients will get a "normal" e-mail.
- You can as well add group e-mail addresses (like client.conject-demo@cPM.conject.com) in order to address groups of the project space. Find more information about this option in the next section Send new Messages via Outlook.
- Write your message.
- If needed, add new files as attachments.
- Make sure not to change the Subject line when you write your response. Otherwise your e-mail won’t be recognized by the Project Spaceand cannot be assigned to the original message.
- Click on "Send" to send your reply to the Project Space.
Send new Messages via Outlook
Every group of a Project Space has its own and unique e-mail address like "client.conject-demo@cPM.conject.com". You can always send e-mails including attachments to such group e-mail addresses via your e-mail software without having received an e-mail from conjectPM before. All members of the group in the Project Space receive your message in conjectPM and get an e-mail notification.
Go to the "Administration" application and click on "Groups" to see the e-mail addresses of the groups. You can also click on the group name when reading or writing a message to see the participants of the group and its e-mail address. If you like to adjust an e-mail address ask the administrator of the project space.
Archive e-mails from Outlook into conjectPM.
Archiving means that you can file e-mails which you received (or even send) in your e-mail software into your conjectPM mailbox. This way you can archive all project relevant e-mails (no matter if received or send by you) in conjectPM - this saves disk space for your e-mail account as you can delete the e-mails in your e-mail software and the archived e-mails are securely stored and cannot be deleted. You have the following options at hand:
Option 1: You like to archive a single message
Just forward the e-mail to the project e-mail address which you find in the left lower corner of the communication application. Please note that you cannot attach any other messages (MSG files). The message will be filed in your conjectPM mailbox with the original sender data (name of sender, subject and date).
Option 2: You like to archive multiple messages concurrently
Just attach the e-mails to a new, empty e-mail and send it to the project e-mail address. Do not add any text to the new message. Text and subject of the new e-mail are ignored as only the attached messages (MSG files) are archived by conjectPM.
Option 3: You send a new messages and want to archive it
Write you e-mail as usual and additionally to the recipients add the project e-mail address in Cc. Your e-mail will be send to your selected recipients and will be arechived in conjectPM additionally. If you forget to add the project e-mail address in Cc, you can archive the send e-mail later at any time as described in option 1.
For more information about this feature have a look at our release notes.