External contacts are the e-mail addresses of external recipients who are no project space participants. They can be created in advance and then selected like groups or project participants as recipients of a message. Thus you do not have to type in the e-mail addresses of external recipients every time you want to send them a message.
|Note: If you want to create and administer external contacts the project administrator needs to enable this functionality for you.|
- Go to the "Administration" application.
- Choose the function "External contacts".
- Click on "Add external contacts".
- Fill in at least all mandatory fields marked with an asterisk in the next form.
- Create the external contact with "Save".
- For editing an existing external contact mark it and click on "Profile". Make your changes and confirm with "Save".
- For "Deleting" existing external contacts click on the corresponding button in the toolbar and apply to the security prompt with "OK".
- With a click on the "To" or "Cc" buttons of a message you can now select external contacts with the green plus icon . These are located at the bottom of the recipient list right after the project participants and are marked with the icon, e.g. .
- Alternatively you can enter the recipient name of an external contact in the "To" or "Cc" field and conjectPM will show you matching external recipients.