In this article the functions of the smartflow „RFQ – Request for Quotation” will be explained.
Within the bidding phase different tenderers will be requested to give an offer for a service or product. For a free or a restricted assignment, the RFQ can be used:
The request can be send to multiple extern users at the same time, which get the message without seeing the other receivers. So the bidders can answer the RFQ to send an offer.
Some essential features of the smartflow “RFQ”:
- Receivers get single messages without seeing who else get this RFQ
- The initiator gets the return flow: consolidated in a synoptically table (Receiver > no answer / answer received); for every topic you can choose a status (in progress / offer received / rejected) and a free comment.
- The RFQ is finished by the initiator (open RFQ > answer > finish).
- Rough structure of the “RFQ” shown in a flowchart:
Overview of the chapters in this article:
- Overview of send RFQ´s in the module „What’s New” (Sender)
- Create a new RFQ (Sender)
- Edit a received RFQ (Receiver)
- RFQ Administration – Monitoring, editing, updating status (Sender)
- Finish a RFQ when it´s done (Sender)
- Withdraw a RFQ (Sender)
1. Overview of send RFQ´s in the module „What´s New” (Sender)
- In the „What´s New” module you see an overview of your smartflows.
- You can see all the tasks you´ve commissioned.
- With a click on this button, the scale below will be adjusted to RFQ´s.
|Note: If the dashboard is activated in your project, you can see more details and you can adjust the view of it. Read more in the topic “Dashboard”|
2. Create a new RFQ (Sender)
- To create a new RFQ, please go to the "Communication" module.
- Push the button "New".
- Please choose the option „RFQ – Request for Quotation” in the dropdown menu. When you´ve chosen the smartflow an empty message-box appear.
- Fill in the receivers at the „Suppliers” field. With „Cc” you can add internal receivers who should be informed about the single Request for Quotation.
Note: You can add external E-Mail contacts or choose from existing project users at the field „Suppliers”. Single messages will be sent, so the suppliers cannot see each other.
- Define a date until an offer can be submitted.
- Choose a subject for your request.
- In the text-field you can fill in your conversation.
- In the filed „Trade” you can choose from defined values. If you miss a value, it can be added by the project administrator.
- You can add an attachment by using the button. Here you can choose from documents and drawings from the project or files from your computer.
- Click „Send” to dispatch the RFQ.
3. Handle a received RFQ (Receiver)
As a receiver of a RFQ you will get a message via E-Mail with the request and the closing date. Please respond to the received E-Mail. If you have access to the project, you can also answer directly in the project.
- Answer the request as usual in your E-Mail client to send your offer.
- If you already have access to a project, you see the link „open activity” which allows you to answer the request with conjectconjectPM
- Here you can see the closing date your response is required.
- You can download an attachment by clicking the link.
- In the text-box you can see the request.
4. RFQ Administration – Monitoring, editing, updating status (Sender)
- Open the view „Processes” in the module „Communication”.
- Narrow your view to RFQ processes. Thereby the general view on the right side will be adjusted to the process.
- Choose a „Topic” to get an overview of the RFQ process. More in Points 5 to 7.
- When you click directly on a RFQ “Reference Number” you can see and edit the whole request inclusive the actual status.
- In the left area of the view below you´ll find the contact details. If you written to an external E-Mail address, you´ll just see the E-Mail address.
- Here you can see who still answers to the quotation. This will have an affect to the bar described in point 10.
- Here you can set the status for your answer manually and you can add a comment if it´s needed. Please confirm your changes with “Save”. This changes are for a comfortable view of the open quotations. With the change of the status the color of the bar (Point 10) will be adjusted.
- Here you can filter your requests to focus your view.
- Search for a certain request.
- The status bar visualizes the current status of your open RFQ.
No answers available yet.
An answer is available which is not yet rated with the status function (Point 7).
You have marked an answer with the status “Quote received”.
You have marked an answer with the status „In Progress”.
You have marked an answer with the status „Declined”.
- You can export an EXCEL Pivot chart with all the RFQ´s. You can edit it as usual in EXCEL.
- Here you can see your complete request.
- Details for your quotation request you can see here.
- As described in point 6 and 7, you can see the status of the answer and set a new status.
5. Finish a RFQ when it´s done (Sender)
The RFQ process is finished and you have your result. Now you want to remove the process out of the “ Open” view. Proceed as described below
- Open the RFQ which you want to finish like it´s described in chapter 4 in point 4.
- Click „Finish Quotation” in the lower area of the process.
- The window extends in the area below and an answer to the initiator will be created. The recipient cannot be changed
- Now you have the possibility to add a message.
- With „Finish” you close the process at it won’t be shown as “ Open”. Instead you find it under “ All”.
6. Withdraw a RFQ (Sender)
You've got detected a mistake or just want to withdraw the RFQ. Proceed as described below
- Open the RFQ which you want to withdraw like it´s described in chapter 4 and point 4.
- Click the „Withdraw“ button.
- A small Window appear. Please insert the cause for the withdraw.
- Click „Withdraw“ again.
|Note: After you withdrawn the RFQ the receivers will get a message with your defined cause. Furthermore, the process won’t be shown in “ Open”. Instead you can find it under “ All“.|