With conjectPM you can upload documents and concurrently distribute the documents with a message to project participants (participants who have access to the Project Space and externals who do not have access to the Project Space).
Saving Single Documents – Single Upload
- Go to the "Documents" application.
- Browse to the target folder in the folder tree to the left, where you want to save the document and click on it.
- Click on the "New" button and select the "Document" option.
- The following upload window is divided into 2 sections: the upper one "Document" to upload a file from your computer and below the "Message" option (see below) to distribute your documents with a message.
- Use the "Browse" button to select the file on your computer and click on "Open".
- The "Name" of the document is automatically taken over from your file. If necessary, you can manually change the name. Pay attention to name your document according to the naming convention of your project.
Note: If a document with this name already exists in this folder in the Project Space, a new version will be created. If you click on "Upload" a corresponding warning will be shown. In this case your given description (see step 7) will be set as description of the version.
- If necessary, enter a "Description" for your document. This field is also relevant for the search results.
- Set the "Mandatory categories" if defined for the project.
- If necessary set further categories or keywords under "General settings".These fields are also relevant for the search results.
- Under "Security" you can see which groups obtain permissions to your document. These permissions are already set in advance and don´t have to be set personally.
- Click on "Upload" to save the document without sending a message to project participants.
|Note on permissions (step 10): In case other groups should access your document too just send a message to these groups (see next section "Message Option"). The participants of these groups can access the document via the message. Access via the folder structure is usually not possible as these groups do not have access to the folders if these do not get access to the documents by default.|
Message Option - Distribute Documents with a message
Use the "Message" option to attach the document to a message in order to distribute it to project participants. All recipients are able to access the attached document regardless to the folder permissions. Alternatively you can use the search or views to access the document.
- Enable the checkbox at "Message" in order to make the message option and fields available.
- Select the recipients with a click on the "To" and "Cc" buttons or enter an e-mail address to send the message to externals, who do not have access to the Project Space. For further information about sending a message refer to our Tutorial Communication Management.
Note: If you already have a personal message template you can select it via the "Template" drop-down menu.
- Enter a "Subject" and your "Message" or use the default text.
- Click on "Upload" to save your document and to send your message. Your message will be stored in the "Communication" application.
All recipients will be notified by e-mail. Clicking on the download links contained in this email you can directly download the document or jump in the project to the corresponding message.
Saving Multiple Documents – Multi Upload
The Multi Uploads works basically like the Single Upload with the following changes:
- In step 3 click on the "New" button and select the option "Multiple Documents".
- Click on the plus button to select the required documents on your computer.
- Mark these documents and confirm with "Open".
- The files are now listed in the upload window. The "Name" of the documents are taken over from your files. Pay attention to name your document according to the naming convention of your project. If you need to rename your documents then you have to do this before on your computer or after the upload in the Project Space.
- If necessary, enter a "Description" for your documents. The description will be set for all documents.
- Proceed with step 8 of the Single Upload. Use the message option (see above) to send your documents with a message.
- Click on "Upload" to save your documents.
|Note: If documents with the same name as the chosen files already exist in this folder in the project space, a new version of these documents will be created. In this case your given description(step 5) will be set as description of the new version for all existing documents.
If you do not see the saved files after the upload, click on the "Refresh" icon on the right side.
Instead of using the green plus icon you can add the documents to the upload window by "Drag & Drop" as well. To do this, mark the documents, drag them over to the upload window by holding the left mouse button down and then drop them by releasing the left mouse button. Alternatively you can upload multiple documents via the Web Folder functionality.