You can use the Documents application of conjectPM either with a Web Browser or with a WebFolders. To ensure full functionality of conjectPM, we recommend working with a web browser.
Using the WebFolders, you can work via the local file management system (e.g. Windows Explorer) in your project. Thus you can quickly and easily upload, copy, move, download and edit folders and documents.
The system requirements for WebFolders can be found in our Tutorial System Configuration.
- Open conjectPM with Internet Explorer and go to the start page.
- Click on the link "Open projects in Explorer".
Note: This link only works when using Internet Explorer. When using Firefox you will be directed to a website with instructions for manually installation of WebFolders.
- In the next step you are prompted to enter your conjectPM login data (user name and password).
- To open the WebFolder click on "OK". Enable the check box for"Remember my credentials" to avoid being ask to login again when using WebFolders.
- The Windows Explorer opens and shows the automatically installed WebFolder for your project. This is maintained even if you log out from conjectPM in the web browser and you can still continue to work in your project.
- Now you can as you are used to it from Windows, create, copy, move or download documents and folders (in most cases only admins can edit folders).
|Note: By now you will find your WebFolder in the Windows Explorer depending on your Windows version at "My network places", "Web-Folders" or "as a new drive/device". In Mac OSX the WebFolder "DAV" is shown on the desktop.
Please note that this functionality is a BETA-Version. The WebDav protocol is operated by Windows and proper working with WebFolders depends on several factors like operating system, updates, MS Office version. Therefore we cannot ensure that WebFolder work correctly for all users.
As far as mandatory categories are used in your project you cannot use WebFolders to upload files, as WebFolders has no function to set the categories. Therefore you have to deactivate the mandatory option for your categories as long as you work with WebFolders.