You often upload documents to the same folder and then have to notify the same project participant?
You have 3 options to define default notification or templates:
- Default recipients can be defined in the folder properties. This means that every time you upload a document to this folder, the recipients are automatically filled in to the To field of the message option in the upload screen. Contact your project administrator for this setting.
As this settings applies to all participants, we recommend this setting only in the case if you or your colleagues upload documents to this folder and you always have to notify the same recipients. If for example other companies upload files to this folder as well, then we do not recommend this setting. In this case use the templates of option 2.
- Create your own message template. If you now enable the message option in the upload screen, you can select your template from the drop-down menu "Template". With a template you can additionally set default subjects and message texts.
- If you often have to update one or several documents, meaning to create a new version, then you can define default recipients for versions of these documents:
- Go to the "Documents" application.
- Browse to the target folder in the folder tree to the left, where the document is stored and click on it.
- Mark the document.
- Click on "Edit" and select the "Notifications" option. Alternatively click on "Properties" and go to the "Notifications" tab.
- Mark the required group(s) in the group list on the right side. Use the search to find the groups.
- Click on "Add All Selected".
- Alternatively add groups individually using the plus .
- Enable the message option for the selected groups:
New content: Assigned Groups will be set as default recipients in the To field of the message option of the document version upload screen.
- In order to remove the message option of a group, mark it at the left, and click on "Remove All Selected".
- Alternatively remove groups individually using the .
- Apply with changes with "Save".
|Note: If you change the recipients in the upload window, this setting is updated with these recipients, as the system remembers your recipients.|