You uploaded a wrong document or drawing and want to replace/delete it? As you cannot delete files in conjectPM normally a "Recycle bin" folder is created in each project.
|Note on drawings: If you do not need to upload a drawing with the same drawing name, for example because the drawing had a wrong name, you can simply mark the drawing as invalid using a status with a red traffic light.
If your drawing has several revisions please note that moving the drawing means to move all revisions to the Recycle bin. In this case you have to upload all revisions again.
|Important: There is also the possibility to withdraw drawings with the function "Withdraw revisions". If you uploaded a wrong drawing, e.g. the uploaded revision contains wrong content or you added a wrong description, then you can withdraw this revision.
Do the following steps to move a file into the "Recycle bin" folder:
- Mark the document you want to delete.
- Click on "Properties". (If you are in the drawing management, please chose one of the options "Revisions" or "Security".)
- Go to the "General" Tab.
- Here you can see the current folder path.
- Documents: Click on "Edit" to edit the path.
- Drawings: Click on the folder icon at the end of the field
- Now choose the "Recycle bin" folder and click on "OK". (Note: The naming of the "Recycle bin" bin folder can be different in every project.)
- Click on "Save" to save your changes. The document/drawing is now moved to the "Recycle bin" folder.
If other participants should no longer access your moved files should, you can remove the access permissions in order to make your files invisible.
|Note: We recommend to remove access permissions for drawings as drawings remain visible in the drawing management application although you moved the drawings to the trash bin.|
- Click on "Properties" and then go to the "Security" tab.
- Mark the groups or persons you want to delete on the left side.
- Click on "Remove all selected".
Note for drawings: As the creator/owner of the drawing you will still see the drawing in the drawing management application. To mark the drawing for yourself as invalid you can change the freetext of the drawing. Go to the "General" tab and write e.g. INVALID or MOVED or DELETED into the freetext field.
- Save your changes with a click on the "Save" button.
If you need further information on how to change permissions for drawings or documents, then go to our article Editing document permissions.