Using the function Online edit you can work on editable file formats (e.g. .doc or .xls files) in the Project Space without saving these documents to your computer before. After finishing Online edit a new version of the document is created in the Project Space.
|Note: Java of Oracle. is required for this function. For further information Please refer to our Tutorial System Configuration. Additionally Online edit is only available if the corresponding application software for editing the file format (e.g. MS Excel for xls files or Arcobat Creator for PDF files) is installed on your computer. During editing, the document is blocked preventing other user to create new versions.|
- Go to the "Documents" application.
- Browse to the target folder in the folder tree to the left, where the document is stored and click on it.
- Mark the document which you want to edit online.
- Click on the "Edit" button
- Select the "Online edit" option.
- Wait until the corresponding application opens (e.g. in Word or Excel). Concurrently a notification window opens. Keep that windows open and do not close it.
- Online edit the document in the application (e.g. in Word or Excel).
- Save the edited document in the application (e.g. in Word or Excel).
- Click on "Apply changes" in the notification window to create a new version of the document.