How to upload and distribute drawings
Before uploading you should make sure that the name of the drawings matches the project-specific drawing key/codes. Otherwise you the system can't take the drawing name and you have to rename the drawings in the upload process.
- Open the "Drawing Management" application.
- Click on "Upload drawings". If several drawing codes are defined for your project, you have to select the drawing code valid for the respective drawings here. In case you have any questions regarding the drawing key please contact your contact person or the project administrator.
The upload windows opens. This window has 2 sections: The upper one "Upload drawings" to select drawings on your computer and below the "Message" option (see below) to distribute your documents with a message.
- Click the plus .
- Select the drawings on your computer.
- Add these to the selection window with "Open".
- Your drawings are now listed in the upload screen. Use the to remove drawings from the upload window.
- The system is going to check your drawing names directely regarding the drawing key which individual for each project.
A drawing which is named correctely will show a symbol.
Drawings which can't be uploaded will show a symbol.
- In case your drawings are named incorrect some fields will be empty in teh upload window. Therfore you will even see no or symbol. In that case you can name the drawings directely in the upload window according to the drawing key. To do so simply choose the values by clicking in the single fields. Read more here.
- In case there are any with a failure ( Symbol) you can show the cocrete erroro message if you click on "Show Error Report".
In case you can’t figure out the solution with the error message you get, please forward the error message to our support team under email@example.com. Simply "Copy & Paste" the message in a new email or do a screenshot. We will try to help you then and get back to you.
- Click on "Upload" to upload your drawings without sending a message. Otherwise proceed with the message option below
|Note: If you do not see your uploaded drawings in the drawing list, update it by clicking on the refresh icon right above the drawing list.
|Note: You can also drag & drop your drawings to the upload window. To do this, mark the documents, drag them over to the selection window by holding the left mouse button down and then drop them by releasing the left mouse button.
Distribute Drawings with a message
At the "Message" section you can additionally send the drawings as an attachment of a message in order to inform project participants. All recipients are able to access the attached drawings regardless of the permissions.
- Enable the checkbox at "Message" in order to make the message option available.
- Select the recipients with a click on the "To" and "Cc" buttons. For further information about recipient selection refer to our Tutorial Communication Management.
Note: If you already have a personal message template you can select it via the "Template" drop-down menu.
- Enter a "Subject" and your "Message" or use the default text.
- Click on "Start" to upload your drawings and to send your message. Your message will be stored in the Communication application.
Alternative: Send drawings subsequently
- Mark the required drawing you wish to send.
- Click on the "Attach to" button.
- Select "Message" or select "Plot order" or "Workflow" if these applications are available in your project.