How to upload and distribute Documents
With conjectPM you can upload documents and concurrently distribute the documents with a message to project participants.
Saving Single Documents – Single Upload
- Go to the "Documents" application.
- Browse to the target folder in the folder tree to the left, where you want to save the document and click on it.
- Click on the "New" button and select the "Document" option.
- The following upload window is divided into 2 sections: the upper one "Document" to upload a file from your computer and below the "Message" option (see below) to distribute your documents with a message.
- Use the "Browse" button to select the file on your computer and click on "Open".
- The "Name" of the document is automatically taken over from your file. If necessary, you can manually change the name. Pay attention to name your document according to the naming convention of your project.
- Set the "Mandatory categories" if defined for the project.
- Click on "Upload" to save the document without sending a message to project participants.
Message Option - Distribute Documents with a message
Use the "Message" option to attach the document to a message in order to distribute it to project participants.
- Enable the checkbox at "Message" in order to make the message option and fields available.
- Select the recipients with a click on the "To" and "Cc" buttons or enter an e-mail address to send the message to externals, who do not have access to the Project Space. For further information about sending a message refer to our Tutorial Communication Management.
Note: If you already have a personal message template you can select it via the "Template" drop-down menu.
- Enter a "Subject" and your "Message" or use the default text.
- Click on "Upload" to save your document and to send your message. Your message will be stored in the "Communication" application.
All recipients will be notified by e-mail. Clicking on the download links contained in this email you can directly download the document or jump in the project to the corresponding message.
Saving Multiple Documents – Multi Upload
The Multi Uploads works basically like the Single Upload with the following changes:
- In step 3 click on the "New" button and select the option "Multiple Documents".
- Click on the plus button to select the required documents on your computer.
- Mark these documents and confirm with "Open".
- The files are now listed in the upload window. The "Name" of the documents are taken over from your files. Pay attention to name your document according to the naming convention of your project. If you need to rename your documents then you have to do this before on your computer or after the upload in the Project Space.
- If necessary, enter a "Description" for your documents. The description will be set for all documents.
- Click on "Upload" to save your documents.
If you do not see the saved files after the upload, click on the "Refresh" icon on the right side.
Instead of using the green plus iconyou can add the documents to the upload window by "Drag & Drop" as well. To do this, mark the documents, drag them over to the upload window by holding the left mouse button down and then drop them by releasing the left mouse button.