If you want to document the project progress you can use webcams and store the photos in the project space.
Several webcams can be set up for a project and thus various camera positions can be defined. You can define when and in which intervals photos are to be taken and stored for the various camera positions. To ensure that everything is documented properly, you can assign a file location in the directory structure of the project space and thus ensure access for other project participants.
Setting up the webcam
- Go to the "Webcam" application.
- Click on the "New webcam" button in the toolbar.
- In the following window, enter a "Name" for the webcam and its "URL" (the web address of the webcam).
Note: The URL of the webcam needs be a normal http address which delivers a jpg file, e.g. http://www.my-webcam.jpg. The address of the webcam doesn't have to end on .jpg but in any case it need to deliver a jpg file. If your webcam is already linked to an Internet page, you can find out the URL and delivery type with a right mouse click. In the following context menu select the "Properties" option. Here you find the URL and type which need to be "image/jpg". If you have any problems setting up the webcam, please contact our Support Team.
- If necessary, you can define a new "Refresh Interval" and enter your "Username" and "Password", if your webcam is protected with login credentials.
- Click on "Save" to create the webcam. If the creation was successful you will see the webcam picture on main screen of the application.
- To edit a webcam, mark it on the left side.
- Click on "Properties" to edit the settings or click on "Delete" to remove the webcam.
Storing photos in the folder structure
- Go to the "Webcam Logging" tab within the “Properties” of the needed webcam.
- Activate photo storage with the checkbox Enable logging.
- Choose the correct folder to store the photos in the line Folder using the button "Edit”.
- Define the Start date and End date of logging.
- Define the Daily start time and Daily end time.
- Define the Capture Frequency of recording.
- Complete your entries with "Save".