Messages and Activities - Two ways to view your messages
In the Communication application we distinguish between 2 different views on messages:
- Messages View: Shows you all messages and all replies each as a separate object as you are used to it from e-mail software like Outlook or Lotus Notes.
- Activities View: Shows you all messages on one topic at a glance. An Activity contains the initial message and all related replies and forwards with all its attachments in one object.
On the left side of the communication screen you can switch between both views. Depending on the view you have different functions and filters at hand.
- Subject and Recipients of the message.
- Attachments of the message. Click on the file name to download it. Options to download all attachments or to start plot orders are located on the right side. For more information refer to Open attachments.
- Message text and e-mail header and text of previous messages.
- Due date until an answer is expected.
- Confidential: You can share your mailbox with colleagues. Confidential messages are exceptions and are not shown to your colleagues - only the recipients of the message and the sender can access it.
- Switch to the activities view (see below).
- Reading Status: See who already read this message.
- Shows you that this message was filed in the folder structure of the document management application (see number 13).
- Browse forward and backward through the messages of your mailbox.
- Reply or forward the message.
- If you do not need a message any longer you can archive it and thus remove it from your mailbox. You can call up archived messages again with a click on the filter "Archived" at "My Mailbox".
- Message Properties: Get access to message details and the message history.
- File the marked message(s) in the folder structure of the document management application (see number 8).
- Print the message.
For more information refer to Activities.
- See who started the activity with the first message.
- This is the previous message of the activity. With a click on "Message details" you can view the sender and recipients of the previous messages. The recipients who are involved in an activity can as the case may be see different messages within the same activity. This depends on who was chosen as recipient for every single message.
- Download the attachments of each single message. If the attachments are not shown you can view them with "Show attachments". Click on a file name to download the attachment. For more information about attachment read Open and download attachments.
- Shows the text and e-mail header of the message which were replied to. This doesn't have to be the previous message in every case as the recipients of an activity can of course answer to an older message as well.
- Open this message of the activity in the message view (see above).
- Archive and File: All messages which belong to the activity are archived or filed. All other functions and buttons in the activity view are the same like in the message view.